Add this to the never-ending list of reasons why we adore Harry Styles
Earlier this week, a now-viral Twitter thread asked users for their most interesting—or awkward—celebrity encounters. While one person mentioned a hug from Zoë Kravitz and another raved about a selfie with Jason Derulo, it was Reuters sports correspondent Rory Carroll and his heartwarming experience with the "Watermelon Sugar" singer that really stood out of the crowd.
"I was out a restaurant in Hollywood trying to pick up my take out order but couldn't go in because I was with my puppy," Carroll wrote. "Harry Styles saw my predicament, tapped me on the shoulder and said he would watch Oscar while I went in. What a guy."
And the Internet couldn't agree more. Asked for more details—the who, the what, the when, the where, the why, the everything—Carrol followed up, writing "Jan. 17, 2018 11:26 p.m. at the The Oaks Gourmet Market in Franklin Village."
Though originally skeptical to leave his dog with a stranger, Carroll isn't one to turn down this superstar. "I was prepared to say no when I first heard this English accent ask me if I needed help," he later recalled to Buzzfeed. "When I saw it was Harry Styles I agreed since he seems like a decent, trustworthy guy...Harry was great, never looked at his phone and kept his focus on Oscar."
I was outside a restaurant in Hollywood trying to pick up my take out order but couldn’t go in because I was with my puppy. Harry Styles saw my predicament, tapped me on the shoulder and said he could watch Oscar while I went in. What a guy pic.twitter.com/B5bQ7PQYdI— Rory Carroll (@rorydcarroll) January 9, 2020
Shocked like the rest of us would have been, he needed proof this was real life. "I realized no one would believe me if I didn't have a photo so I sheepishly asked for one and he was willing, which was cool," Carroll added. "We shook hands, Harry went into the restaurant and that was that."
So there you have it: Further proof Harry Styles is just as pure as you imagined.

